Allan Ackermans new Notes for 2019

Publicly viewable forum created so Chris can bloviate in a more visible way. Available for guest commenting on a moderated basis.
Chris Aguilar
Forums Admin

Allan Ackermans new Notes for 2019

Post by Chris Aguilar » 2 months ago

It was a real surprise (and thrill) to be able to sit down and have Allan show me some of his stellar card work (at the 2019 GGG convention). He was just a really nice, totally cool guy, who happens to be one of the best there is. He was blowing away all kinds of close up guys at GGG and mentioned that he has a whole new set of lecture notes out (his first in seven years).

You can purchase the notes here. (29.95 USD)

Card Theater – Contents

The Blackjack Roll
The UGC and the Joker Cull
Brother John’s Cull
A Combination Cull
Oops Addition
Marlo’s Bottom Deal Exchange
The Mem Deck I Prefer
The Thought Algorithm
Prelude to the Collectors
The Spectator Really Cuts
The Spectator Finds Four
No Extras
The Any Sandwich
A Cheap Thought
Highland Fusion
Surprise Bluff Aces
Technicolor Splits
Jazzing with ME
Traveling the Crossroads
The Splits
An Extended Merlin
Almost Like Everywhere and Nowhere
Your Lucky Day
Just pulled the trigger today and look forward to receiving and reading them.
"On the Internet, nobody knows if you're a dog... but everybody knows if you're a jackass."

Denis Behr

Post by Denis Behr » 2 months ago

I indexed it a few weeks ago. Most (at least) of Ackerman's publications are listed at https://www.conjuringarchive.com/books/author/25
"The existence of gospel magic seems to me as compelling an argument for atheism as could be imagined."
T.A. Waters

Chris Aguilar
Forums Admin

Denis Behr wrote:
2 months ago
I indexed it a few weeks ago. Most (at least) of Ackerman's publications are listed at https://www.conjuringarchive.com/books/author/25
Nice! Now I'm looking forward to reading the notes even more.
"On the Internet, nobody knows if you're a dog... but everybody knows if you're a jackass."

GaryBerard

Post by GaryBerard » 2 months ago

Did not know that these were available. Just ordered them.

Thanks for the heads up.

Now I have to wait for the new Regal book.

Chris Aguilar
Forums Admin

Received the notes today and have only read a bit, but they're really nicely produced.

To start, this is actually a small, perfect bound book of just over a hundred pages. I was surprised (and pleased) to see many color photos. The paper stock used is also nice and thick, giving the booklet a very pleasing weight. And Allan signed it, which was very nice of him.

Really looking forward to finding some time to dig in to give this a full proper read through.