If I wanted to start learning a bit about Okito coin box work...

Publicly viewable forum created so Chris can bloviate in a more visible way. Available for guest commenting on a moderated basis.
kentgunn
Forums Admin

Re: If I wanted to start learning a bit about Okito coin box work...

Post by kentgunn » 2 weeks ago

Chris,

This routine does not match up to most of the routines listed.

But, starting Wednesday, if you bring your box to Florida you could get personal instruction from the creator. Plus it is really easy

KG

Jeff Haas

Post by Jeff Haas » 2 weeks ago

Chris,, "Okito Reversembly" is in an old issue of Magic Magazine. I assume you know about the index?

http://www.magicmagazine.com/x/search

Just go here and search on Chad Long. It's the first result that comes up. Then look it up on the Genii site.

Kent - That's another fun one!
Conjure Nation...home of banter, hissy fits, bourbon-fueled philosophy and crazy talk!

"...this is back...way, way back...back when the Mystery School still seemed like a good idea..." - Harry Anderson

"Get over it, you homophobic motherfuckers." - Kent Gunn

Social media is a hostile, crap-filled, dumpster-fire of shit.

Chris Aguilar
Forums Admin

Post by Chris Aguilar » 1 week ago

kentgunn wrote:
2 weeks ago
Chris,

But, starting Wednesday, if you bring your box to Florida you could get personal instruction from the creator. Plus it is really easy

KG
Looks good Kent. Not sure if I'll bring my Okito, which is a heavy little bastard, being stainless steel.
"On the Internet, nobody knows if you're a dog... but everybody knows if you're a jackass."

Chris Aguilar
Forums Admin

Post by Chris Aguilar » 1 week ago

Jeff Haas wrote:
2 weeks ago
Chris,, "Okito Reversembly" is in an old issue of Magic Magazine. I assume you know about the index?

http://www.magicmagazine.com/x/search

Just go here and search on Chad Long. It's the first result that comes up. Then look it up on the Genii site.

Kent - That's another fun one!
Ah found it. Magic Magazine, Dec. 93. Will probably hold off on that as I don't want to deal with Boston type stuff until I can get a good start on the basics with a normal box first.
"On the Internet, nobody knows if you're a dog... but everybody knows if you're a jackass."

Mark Papa

Post by Mark Papa » 1 week ago

kentgunn wrote:
2 weeks ago
Chris,

KG
Lovely routine Kent. I believe the Marlo Okito stuff is also in the Arcade Dreams book, which may be a lot easier to get hold of.

Jeff Haas

Post by Jeff Haas » 2 days ago

Just watched the last episode of Fool Us for the year...there's a magician I've never seen before, Sinbad Max, and he does an outstanding Okito Box routine.

Conjure Nation...home of banter, hissy fits, bourbon-fueled philosophy and crazy talk!

"...this is back...way, way back...back when the Mystery School still seemed like a good idea..." - Harry Anderson

Chris Aguilar
Forums Admin

Post by Chris Aguilar » 2 days ago

Sinbad Max sells the routine (which includes an Okito box) for a very reasonable thirty bucks or so. It's awesome.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S22276

The last cool bit (sound of the coin slowly disappearing) was created by my friend Craig Ousterling and was actually taught in Genii some months back.

Jeff Haas

Post by Jeff Haas » 2 days ago

I looked up the Craig Ousterling move...very clever! And easy.

Jeff Haas

Post by Jeff Haas » 1 day ago

Just use the online search feature - it's in Kaona's column a couple of years ago and is the only result for "Craig Ousterling".