Version 3.1 (Public) Vector Card set released

Support for my Vector Playing Card Project (Standard playing card face in .SVG and .EPS format)
Chris Aguilar
Forums Admin

Version 3.1 (Public) Vector Card set released

Post by Chris Aguilar » 3 months ago

Project Page and Download Link
6/9/2019 – Version 3.1 Released

Printable versions of all cards, including backs, now available
Minor cleanup of bordered backs
All backs and faces now have printable versions (set up for MPC site) allowing instant exporting/uploading/printing of one's own deck.

It's now possible to export/print the "Chimera" rainbow backs directly using the pre-sized printable vectors.

"On the Internet, nobody knows if you're a dog... but everybody knows if you're a jackass."

kentgunn
Forums Admin

Post by kentgunn » 3 months ago

Chris,

I have a set of 9 cards , for a trick I call Madame. Zolta.

I'd like to get 50 sets printed.

What is the MPC Site?

Chris Aguilar
Forums Admin

Hey Kent,

It's here: https://www.makeplayingcards.com/

You can order decks with different #'s of cards, different sizes, etc. It's what I used to create the test gaffs that I had printed up and showed in my "unboxing video"

What you want would likely cost a bit over a hundred bucks.
"On the Internet, nobody knows if you're a dog... but everybody knows if you're a jackass."

Jeff Haas

Post by Jeff Haas » 3 months ago

Hi Kent, I've got a couple of sample decks from MPC, and they handle surprisingly well. I think you'll be pleased.
Conjure Nation...home of banter, hissy fits, bourbon-fueled philosophy and crazy talk!

"...this is back...way, way back...back when the Mystery School still seemed like a good idea..." - Harry Anderson

"Get over it, you homophobic motherfuckers." - Kent Gunn

Social media is a hostile, crap-filled, dumpster-fire of shit.

Degio

Post by Degio » 3 months ago

I have used MPC several times in the last few months, mainly for packet tricks but also for a gaffed deck.
The overall quality is good. I always selected 310gsm (linen), so I do not know how other card stocks work out. But with 310gsm (linen) I had excellent results.
Cards are slightly thinner than normal bikes/phoenix though, so if you print a 52 cards deck you will notice it is approx 5% thinner than the real thing. Obviously in a packet trick the different thickness is unnoticeable and also the surface is not too dissimilar from bikes.
I am planning in the future to try out 330gsm and also plastic, just to see how they come out... the beauty of MPC is that you can try a few cards without spending a fortune.

Chris Aguilar
Forums Admin

Totally agree with Jeff and Degio that MPC is worthy of checking out. I understand that USPCC's "print on demand" service is a bit crap, but MPC's cards are pretty nice. Their 310 linen cards are close to bikes, but the air pockets are not quite as deep. They faro nicely. As Degio mentions, they're a bit thinner. The handle/fan well and the color reproduction is outstanding. I probably went a little too garish with my initial test decks with them, assuming the printing process would wash out my screen colors. Turns out I was somewhat wrong about that and my next sets will have slightly adjusted saturation values.

I have a deck of their plastic cards that someone sent me about 6-7 years ago, and it's really great, probably the best feel of any plastic deck I've laid hands on. Now I don't know if their current plastic cards are as good, but this one, from a while back, was pretty great.