ESP cards

Support for my Vector Playing Card Project (Standard playing card face in .SVG and .EPS format)
Chris Aguilar
Forums Admin

ESP cards

Post by Chris Aguilar » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:08 am

I've added a simple set of ESP cards to the Vector playing cards project pages that some might find useful.

Same download link as before.

http://code.google.com/p/vectorized-playing-cards/
"On the Internet, nobody knows if you're a dog... but everybody knows if you're a jackass."

Kent Gunn

Re: ESP cards

Post by Kent Gunn » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:31 pm

Chris,

I've had shit for luck printing my own cards. I used blank-faced bikes . . . the ink won't apply consistently.

I'm blaming my cheap-ass Epson printer. Got any tips?

KG
"Sorry, my capacity for tolerating facetious dialectics is lacking today. So rather than post the obvious from a quality perspective I'll leave the facile to chase the specious all the way to the spurious if they so choose."

JT, loose on the Green Place.

Bill Duncan

Post by Bill Duncan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:08 am

Yeah, talk to Dobson.
I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm puzzled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

Dr. Amy Farah Fowler

Kent Gunn

Post by Kent Gunn » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:15 am

I've already have the little guy make me some custom gaffs, when I needed 'em. I was trying to not abuse the one guy in magic who doesn't hate me, a lot.

KG
"Sorry, my capacity for tolerating facetious dialectics is lacking today. So rather than post the obvious from a quality perspective I'll leave the facile to chase the specious all the way to the spurious if they so choose."

JimMaloney

Post by JimMaloney » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:47 am

I know that Craig Matsuoka has some info on printing on cards in his Gaff Factory e-book.

I also seem to recall that there was some info in a Don Alan booklet. The problem is the finish on the cards. I think Don Alan recommended putting roughing fluid on the card, as that would give the ink something to stick to.

Edit: Just a note that I haven't tried any of this, so I can't say whether or not any of it works. I'm just regurgitating the info that I'm aware of. :)

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated December 3rd, 2012. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPf92vYH

maloneyman@gmail.com

In the ominous silence which inevitably follows, it is a good plan to sneak down to the river, and quietly end it all.
-J.G. Thompson, Jr.

Chris Aguilar
Forums Admin

Post by Chris Aguilar » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:42 am

If you're serious about printing on real card stock, this guy seems to have a complete "do it yourself" solution that he sells (stock that can be printed on, cutters, corner rounders, etc.)

Looks like it could get a bit pricey though.

From what I've seen over at the green joint, it looks like there are at least a few gaff makers out there that use something like my vector card faces coupled with the proper card stock to "roll their own".
"On the Internet, nobody knows if you're a dog... but everybody knows if you're a jackass."

Chris Aguilar
Forums Admin

Post by Chris Aguilar » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:59 am

Kent Gunn wrote:Chris,

I've had shit for luck printing my own cards. I used blank-faced bikes . . . the ink won't apply consistently.

I'm blaming my cheap-ass Epson printer. Got any tips?

KG
Hm, have you tried sanding on the faces to remove the coating? Maybe that would help the ink either stay on or penetrate the stock?

Randy DiMarco

Post by Randy DiMarco » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:12 am

Mark Allen put out a DVD with all the info on printing cards using an inkjet printer called "Versatile Monte and Beyond".
The Buffalo Get-Together - A Close-Up Magic Convention
http://buffalogt.blogspot.com

dchung

Post by dchung » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:05 am

You can use rubbing alcohol to wipe off the finish from the cards. However, be gentle, and use sparingly, as your cards can curl quite a bit.

Bill Duncan

Post by Bill Duncan » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:32 pm

Kent Gunn wrote:I've already have the little guy make me some custom gaffs, when I needed 'em. I was trying to not abuse the one guy in magic who doesn't hate me, a lot.

KG
Hey, I don't hate you a lot yet...

I meant have him give you some tips. He used to have a DVD on custom gaffs that he sold at lectures.
I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm puzzled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

Dr. Amy Farah Fowler

Kent Gunn

Post by Kent Gunn » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:26 pm

Bill,

When me meet in person someday and we will, then you'll discover many reasons to hate me. But . . . back to super-Steve Dobson. I can't get hold of him and with his health, I'm starting to worry. Anybody hear from the packeteer, Steve Dobson recently ???

KG

Bill Duncan

Post by Bill Duncan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:00 pm

Had a session with Andy VanOrkum and Steve today. Steve's feeling a bit crap because he just had some major dental work, but was in good form, and fooled the shit out of me with some new crimp work. He looked great.

I told him to call you about the cards, but he may not feel like talking for a few days.

Dr. Amy Farah Fowler