Golden Gate Gathering 2019 lineup - Holy Shit!

Publicly viewable forum created so Chris can bloviate in a more visible way. Available for guest commenting on a moderated basis.
Chris Aguilar
Forums Admin

Golden Gate Gathering 2019 lineup - Holy Shit!

Post by Chris Aguilar » 5 months ago

Well, this is just an amazing lineup. Can already say that a highlight for me will be meeting Denis after all these years of online conversation.
Who's excited for this lineup?

Bill Goodwin
Denis Behr
Mike Pisciotta
Michael Ammar

You can register now at: www.GoldenGateGathering.com
"On the Internet, nobody knows if you're a dog... but everybody knows if you're a jackass."

Denis Behr

Post by Denis Behr » 5 months ago

Thanks Chris, I'm also looking forward to the convention, meeting you and many friends. Also, I've never been to San Francisco either. A lot to look forward to.
"The existence of gospel magic seems to me as compelling an argument for atheism as could be imagined."
T.A. Waters

Jeff Haas

Post by Jeff Haas » 5 months ago

Denis, are you going to be doing the same set you did at Magic Live a few years ago? That was a lot of fun.
Conjure Nation...home of banter, hissy fits, bourbon-fueled philosophy and crazy talk!

"...this is back...way, way back...back when the Mystery School still seemed like a good idea..." - Harry Anderson

"Get over it, you homophobic motherfuckers." - Kent Gunn

Social media is a hostile, crap-filled, dumpster-fire of shit.

Denis Behr

Post by Denis Behr » 5 months ago

I don't know yet what exactly I'll do. But the close-up show set was only two routines (one very long), so it'll certainly be more than that!
"The existence of gospel magic seems to me as compelling an argument for atheism as could be imagined."
T.A. Waters

Chris Aguilar
Forums Admin

Post by Chris Aguilar » 5 months ago

Denis Behr wrote:
5 months ago
I don't know yet what exactly I'll do. But the close-up show set was only two routines (one very long), so it'll certainly be more than that!
I'd love to see your version of the haunted deck, so consider this a vote for that one!
"On the Internet, nobody knows if you're a dog... but everybody knows if you're a jackass."

Chris Aguilar
Forums Admin

Post by Chris Aguilar » 1 month ago

Wow, the GGG team added yet another stellar name as a bonus. Looking forward to seeing Danny Garcia.
golden gate.jpg
Great job on the poster whoever created it.

Denis Behr

Post by Denis Behr » 1 month ago

Only a few more days left... I'm coming in from Chicago, where I was performing at the great Magic Lounge for the weekend. Looking forward to GGG now!
T.A. Waters

Chris Aguilar
Forums Admin

Denis Behr wrote:
1 month ago
Only a few more days left... I'm coming in from Chicago, where I was performing at the great Magic Lounge for the weekend. Looking forward to GGG now!
GGG is always great, but this years line up is especially strong.

I think it was two years ago, but I noticed a lot of guys at GGG demonstrating their proficiency with "Herbert" and your take on Oil & Water.

Weather forecast for GGG looks to be very pleasant, though I'd recommend bringing a sweater or jacket if you want to spend any evening time on the balcony (a popular destination) of the hospitality suite. It can get quite cold out there.

Chris Aguilar
Forums Admin

Packing for my trip to San Mateo for GGG tomorrow. Very excited about it as usual and hope to see some of you there.

Chris Aguilar
Forums Admin

And... GGG 2019 is now history. And really just a standout convention this year.

Before I go into any detail, here are photos (all crowd sourced to google photos) that some of you might enjoy. Lot's of familiar faces and some surprising new ones (to me at least).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZroMBSzHCuetJLCd6

Was really great to meet and chat with Dennis and his show and lecture were very well received. He brought some stock of his three books and all were sold out before his lecture even started!

Got to spend some quality time with fellow conjure-nationals Jeff Haas, Steve, Roth, Curtis Kam and probably another one or two people I'm forgetting.

Chris Aguilar
Forums Admin

Some wonderful magicians who just "showed up" this year.

Allan Ackerman. Was really thrilled to be able to chat with him, watch a few tricks, etc. He was super nice and just had a perpetual smile throughout the whole convention. Seemed like he was really enjoying himself.

Bob Sheets - Didn't get to talk to him, but did get to see him do a few of his classic routines and was suitably impressed. Didn't know he lives in my area (about 20-30 miles north of me).

Tyler Wilson - If someone had told me that Denis Behr might not be the tallest guy at GGG this year, I would have seriously doubted it. Have always liked Tyler's work, but never knew he was (literal) member "Giants of Magics" club. Nice guy, really funny.