Please know membership to these forums is limited, so not all membership applications are accepted. So, how to increase one's odds? The three steps listed below are mandatory.
- Use your real name (or a form of it) as your user name. (Pseudonyms or "cute" user names get deleted immediately) Use of initials only is not acceptable.
- Use a proper, non free, non anonymous e-mail address (no hotmail, yahoo, etc.) Gmail is sometimes acceptable if I can link it to a valid account with your real name.
- Send a short e-mail to me via email@example.com with a brief paragraph or two about yourself. Make sure to tell me what name (hopefully your real name) you signed up under. If I don't get this e-mail from you (which also helps verify your e-mail address), your account will generally not be activated.
- Provide me with links to posts you've made at other forums (please do not give me links I cannot access).
- Have a member (or members) here recommend you. (They need to contact me directly with the referral, so please no "So and so will vouch for me".)